Before embarking on forming a new team, the following two questions should be asked:
- Are there enough potential players?
- Are there enough volunteers to take care of club organisation and administration?
To be able to participate in any organised football, you must first of all affiliate the club to the County Football Association. Affiliating your club is not a complex process and guidance notes are available to take you through step by step what information you need to provide.
Once you are in a position to affiliate to the County FA, you will be able to access ongoing support and help to run your club. Benefits include:
- Being part of the National Game structure from grassroots to professional football
- Eligibility to compete in County FA competitions (eg County Cups)
- Discipline, Fair Play and Respect
- Opportunities to apply for grant aid funding from The FA
- Access to advice from County FA staff plus FA regional development, coaching and facilities personnel
- Access to purchase public liability and personal injury insurance for your club, team and players
- Access to The FA welfare programme
- Access to County FA and FA communications, including your chance to help shape future development
- Access to qualified referees for your matches.
Football club administration can be a major task, especially in multi-team clubs. You will need to keep track of membership, player attendance, monitor any incidents and keep up with general club development.
To help ease your administration, there are a number of form templates available to download which you can use for your club, however, if you need further information, please do not hesitate to contact the West Riding County FA for assistance.
If you are looking for funding to help improve the facilities at your club or want to give some of your coaches the chance to become qualified, then check out the FA Grant Finder search facility which could allow you to significantly improve a particular element of your club.
Using the Grant Finder you can search through countless different grants and soft loans, so take a look and see if there are any which you think could be applicable to you.
To access the portal please Click HERE.
- GCA Setting up a Club
- GCA Club Administration
- GCA Developing the Football Workforce
- GCA Mini Soccer Handbook
- GCA Planning a Successful Festival
- GCA Respect
- GCA Safeguarding Children
- GCA Structure of the Game
- GCA Miscellaneous
- GCA Rules Resources and Policies
- Women and Girls Football Provision Booklet