The aim of the league is to help with the transition of players from youth football to the senior game. It provides a clear pathway for players without being dropped straight into open age football where they may struggle with the physical aspect of the game.
The League also has a Premier Division. Teams competing in The Premier Division play fixtures on their own facilities (or a nominated facility meeting League entry requirements) on a midweek evening.
Players must be under the age of 21 as of midnight on 31st August before the start of the season. Players must reach the minimum age of 16 to play in this League. Three overage players are allowed in a match-day squad of 16 across all three divisions.
The Main Benefits of the West Riding Under 21 League are:
- Value for money per head
- 16 player match day squad, 5 substitutes can be named and used (roll on roll off) meaning all players are engaged
- Fantastic state of the art facilities
- No need to find, maintain and manage your own facility (except Premier Division) - everything is provided for you!
- Stepping stone to open age football
- FA Respect League with prizes and Nike kit and equipment up for grabs throughout the season for good discipline and positive behaviour shown
- CPD opportunities / Coaching demos for club coaches
- League Management Committee that look after the needs of the players and coaches
- Fixtures / results accessible through Full-Time website, Facebook and Twitter
For further information, please call 0113 282 1222 or email U21@westridingfa.com