Friendlies & Tournaments
The close season and friendly games
The close season is between 1st June and 30th June each calendar year.
11 v 11 games cannot be played in June.
The following may be played in the Close Season:
- Small Sided formats (3 v 3, 4v 4, 5v 5, 6 v 6, 7 v 7, 8 v 8, 9v 9) can be played in June – This includes festivals and single matches
- Those matches organised in connection with works’ clubs sports days on private grounds and at fetes and similar sports functions
- Matches between Army, Navy and Royal Air Force teams and teams of the Auxiliary Forces in Competitions whilst in camp
- Matches involving members of scouts, guides and similar organisations in Competitions whilst in camp
- Matches for national representative teams or clubs played under the auspices of FIFA or UEFA;
- Matches between Clubs in the Premier League, the EFL, FAWSL and FAWC for the following season
- Single day, weekend and bank holiday competitions and festivals meeting the criteria and receiving sanction; and B8.3.8 Pilot projects granted dispensation by The Association or sanctioning Affiliated Association
With the exception of charity matches, all competing teams must be affiliated.
You don’t need to contact us to approve a friendly game, just follow the steps below:
1. Search on ‘find a club’ below to check all competing teams are affiliated.
2. Only teams which are affiliated will show in the search results….. if the team doesn’t show…the team is not affiliated and match should not be played.