Female Clubs Take Advantage Of New West Riding FA Retain The Game Grant
FEMALE CLUBS TAKE ADVANTAGE OF NEW WEST RIDING FA RETAIN THE GAME GRANT
In a bid to support the female game West Riding County FA have created a new ‘Retain the Game’ fund to assist teams/clubs to sustain their Adult Female provision.
This brand new initiative to assist teams with the day to day running costs will see 8 lots of £500 on offer to clubs to help provide stability to see them through the season (3 grants taken, 5 available).
Women & Girls Football Development Officer Steve Conboy said “Keeping an adult female team going is one of the hardest tasks in grassroots football with the challenges of university, work and childcare commitments to contend with as well as the fact that the pool of female players is so small in comparison with the male game.
We listened to feedback from the adult league who requested that a fund be created to help those clubs who have been existence for years providing opportunities for females to play and we are delighted to have so far given out three £500 grants to Harrogate Railway, Brighouse Athletic and Leeds City.”
Simon, Manager of Harrogate Railway said "We at Harrogate Railway Ladies FC would like to thank you and the Retain the Game group for the £500 donation to our team.
This money will go a long way towards the cost of our indoor winter training and as such will help us to keep the fees for the players as low as possible and thus keeping them within the game."
Clubs must be:
- Affiliated to WRCFA for the 2018/19 season & FA Charter Standard
- Have been in existence a minimum of 3 years
- Evidence a link to a junior girls club/team
- Provide a club bank account statement
- Provide a balance sheet for the most recent season
- Evidence of a player subscription process e.g. how you collect subs
- Can't apply in consecutive seasons.
- 5 applications available until 31st June 2019
- Application open all year round (or until the 5 allocations are used)
- Decisions will be made by the Women & Girls Focus Group
- TO MAKE AN APPLICATION PLEASE COMPLETE THE FORM BELOW
Harrogate Railway Ladies
Leeds City Ladies