Apply For An FA Coach Mentor!
FA COACH MENTORING PROGRAMME 2019-20 APPLICATIONS OPEN
West Riding County FA are committed to supporting grassroots coaches to start and continue their coaching with confidence. The FA coach mentor programme is a free-to-access initiative that’s available to any grassroots organisation or coach and provides support in areas such as:
- 1-1 support
- Development of an individual learning programme
- Needs analysis and feedback for individual coaches
- Match day observation and support
- Coaching demonstrations
- Support with developing an individual and club philosophy
- Club based Continuous Professional Development (CPD) events
MENTORING IN 2018-19
In the five years since The FA started the programme, FA Coach Mentors have supported more than 40,000 coaches nationally, and that number is growing every day! They have also dedicated over 5,000 hours to work specifically with BAME, female and disabled clubs and coaches across the country every season. Within West Riding in 2018-19, we offered over 1300 hours of support to Clubs, Leagues, Individuals and Community Projects. Some of the highlights include:
- The Country’s first ever Powerchair CPD in conjunction with Leeds Powerchair Football Club.
- Young players and coaches from diverse backgrounds building links with local semi-professional football clubs.
- Tailored support for learners on courses with aspirations to complete the next step on their coaching pathway.
GETTING SUPPORT FROM THE FA COACH MENTOR PROGRAMME
To express an interest in receiving support from an FA Coach Mentor for the 2019-20 season please complete the Google Form below by Friday 3rd May midnight.
Organisations accepted onto the programme will be notified by Friday 31st May and must be able to attend the Launch Evening on Monday 15th July 6pm-9pm at West Riding County FA, LS26 8NX.