West Riding FA is recruiting a Non-Executive Director to support the business affairs of the Association and help determine the vision and strategy, plans, policies and financial investment required to achieve our aims.
Principal accountabilities of the role include:
• Serve as a Director of the West Riding FA and to actively participate in its strategic management.
• Execute the responsibilities of a Company Director in accordance with the Companies Act (2006) and other relevant legislation.
• Safeguard the interests of the Membership and stakeholders of the West Riding FA.
• Establish clear objectives to deliver the agreed strategy and business plan and regularly review performance against those objectives.
• Ensure the effective implementation of Board decisions by the CEO and staff, holding the CEO to account for the effective management and delivery of the West Riding FA’s strategic aims and objectives.
• Set challenging objectives for continuously improved performance.
• Oversee the management of risk to the West Riding FA, including matters of Health and Safety.
• Develop and maintain an effective corporate governance structure.
• Monitor the financial affairs of the West Riding FA through reports provided by the Finance Director and to ensure the effective use of financial and other resources.
• Contribute to constructive debate on all Board matters.
• Promote equality of opportunity throughout the West Riding FA.
• Fully participate in Board induction, training or development and performance monitoring.
• Perform other responsibilities as assigned by the Board.
For further information, and to submit your application, please download the pack below.
The closing date for applications is Tuesday 31 January 2023.