Workshop: Improving Your Grass Pitch
West Riding County Football Association will be hosting an 'Improving Your Grass Pitch' workshop on Tuesday 14th March 2023 (18:30 - 20:30). The workshop will be held at West Riding County Football Association, Fleet Lane, Woodlesford, Leeds, LS26 8NX.
This free-to-attend workshop will be delivered in partnership with the Grounds Management Association (GMA) and is the first of several workshops this year that will be facilitated by West Riding County Football Association aimed at helping clubs to improve their facilities.
The session will be delivered by the GMA's Regional Pitch Advisor for the North East, Chris Hunter. Chris has a wealth of grounds maintenance knowledge and experience that he can pass on to those who attend, helping clubs to develop their own understanding of how to improve and maintain the quality of their grass pitches.
Chris will be joined by Andrew Shuttleworth and Daniel Wiseman, from the West Riding County FA Facilities and Investment team, who will be on hand to answer questions regarding Football Foundation grant funding that may be available to help your club improve their facilities both on and off the pitch.
• PitchPower - What is PitchPower? How to complete a PitchPower inspection?
• Accessing funding to improve your grass pitches - Overview of Football Foundation grant funding and how your club can access it (Grass Pitch Maintenance Fund, maintenance machinery and other small grants).
• Seasonal maintenance advice.
• Planning for end of season renovations.
• Q+A with the GMA Regional Pitch Advisor.
Who should attend:
• Clubs/organisations that are looking to improve the quality of their grass pitches.
• Clubs/organisations that are looking to access grant funding to support with their grass pitch improvements.
• Club officials / grounds staff / anyone from within a club/organisation who has an interest in grounds maintenance.
Chris Hunter, Regional Pitch Advisor North East (Football), Grounds Management Association (GMA).
Chris has 14 years' practical experience in sports turf and amenity grassland management. Prior to becoming a Regional Pitch Advisor, Chris spent three years as a tutor on the Level 2 and Level 3 Sports Turf Apprenticeships at Askham Bryan College. Chris is a qualified assessor and has conducted many practical and skills assessments from grassroots to elite-level surfaces.
Tea/coffee will be provided as part of the event.
Register to attend:
Limited spaces are available, so please confirm your attendance using the form below as early as possible to avoid disappointment! Please note that if you are attending along with someone else from your club they will need to register separately.
CLICK HERE TO ACCESS REGISTRATION FORM
We hope to see you there, if you have any questions about the event please contact email@example.com