West Riding County Football Association are excited to announce details of an upcoming workshop: 'Grass Pitch Maintenance (In-Season)' taking place on Tuesday 28th November 2023 (18:30 – 20:30). The workshop will be held at West Riding County Football Association, Fleet Lane, Woodlesford, LS26 8NX.
This free-to-attend workshop will be delivered in partnership with the Grounds Management Association (GMA). It is the second workshop of the current season that will be facilitated by West Riding County Football Association aimed at helping clubs and other organisations to improve their grass pitches. The workshop will focus on in-season maintenance, helping to to prevent cancellations of games and maintain good pitches throughout the season.
The workshop will be delivered by the GMA's Regional Pitch Advisor for the North East, Chris Hunter. Both Chris has a wealth of grounds maintenance knowledge and experience that he can pass on to those who attend, helping clubs and other organisations to develop their own understanding of how to improve and maintain the quality of their grass pitches.
Chris will be joined by members of the West Riding County FA Facilities and Investment team, who will be on hand to answer questions and provide useful information regarding Football Foundation funding to support with grass pitch improvements.
- Proactive measures to prevent cancellations.
- Improving the playing condition of pitches.
- Post-match procedures and after care.
- Ongoing pitch maintenance essentials.
- Q&A with Chris Hunter.
Who should attend:
- Clubs/organisations that are looking to improve the quality of their grass pitches.
- Clubs/organisations that are looking to access Football Foundation grant funding for grass pitch improvements.
- Club officials / grounds staff / anyone from within a club/organisation who has an interest in grounds maintenance and wants to increase their knowledge.
Chris Hunter, Regional Pitch Advisor North East (Football), Grounds Management Association (GMA).
Tea/coffee will be provided as part of the event.
Register to attend:
Limited spaces are available, so please confirm your attendance using the form below as early as possible to avoid disappointment. Please note that if you are attending along with someone else from your club they will need to register separately.
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER YOUR PLACE
We hope to see you there, if you have any questions about the event please contact firstname.lastname@example.org