West Riding County Football Association are excited to announce details of an upcoming ‘Pitch Maintenance Machinery’ workshop on Wednesday 20th September 2023 (18:30 – 20:30). The workshop will be held at Rothwell Juniors Football Club, Fleet Lane, Woodlesford, Leeds, LS26 8NX.
Workshop: Pitch Maintenance Machinery
When: Wednesday 20th September 2023 (18:30 - 20:30)
Where: Rothwell Juniors Football Club, Fleet Lane, Woodlesford, LS26 8NX
This free-to-attend workshop will be delivered in partnership with the Grounds Management Association (GMA) and Russells Groundcare Machinery Dealership. It is the first of several workshops this season that will be facilitated by West Riding County Football Association aimed at helping clubs to improve their facilities.
The workshop will be jointly delivered by the GMA's Regional Pitch Advisor for the North East, Chris Hunter and also by Mark Willerton from Russells Groundcare. Both Chris and Mark have a wealth of grounds maintenance knowledge and experience that they can pass on to those who attend, helping clubs to develop their own understanding of how to improve and maintain the quality of their grass pitches.
Chris and Mark will be joined by members of the West Riding County FA Facilities and Investment team, who will be on hand to answer questions and provide useful information regarding Football Foundation grant funding for maintenance machinery.
- The benefits of having good-quality pitch maintenance machinery.
- A demonstration of maintenance machinery in action (Kubota tractor, rotary finishing/roller mower and combination tool).
- Demonstrations of how to maintain and use tractors and other machinery safely and most effectively (changing attachments etc.).
- An overview of the maintenance machinery/equipment available to your club/organisation via Football Foundation grant funding.
- Seasonal maintenance advice.
Who should attend:
- Clubs/organisations that are looking to improve the quality of their grass pitches.
- Clubs/organisations that are looking to access grant funding to purchase their own maintenance machinery.
- Clubs/organisations who have their own machinery and would like to learn how to use it more effectively to improve their pitch.
- Club officials / grounds staff / anyone from within a club/organisation who has an interest in grounds maintenance.
Tea/coffee will be provided as part of the event.
Register to attend:
Limited spaces are available, so please confirm your attendance using the form below as early as possible to avoid disappointment. Please note that if you are attending along with someone else from your club they will need to register separately.
CLICK HERE TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION FORM
We hope to see you there, if you have any questions about the event please contact email@example.com